Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Day Baby Was Born




I recently stumbled upon a new web app (thanks to Social Moms)  called "the day baby was born" and it is presented by tommee tippee.  I am so jealous this wasn't available when I first got pregnant.  It is basically a storybook that you create and share digitally.  I, for one, am all about the digital age.  And when I got pregnant, I attempted to write in one of those pregnancy journals, but I just couldn't keep up to date with it.  It is something I regretted.  However I am definitely using this app for the next pregnancy.


The first thing you need to know is that you must have a Facebook page in order to create a storybook, because that is the only sign in option.  Luckily most people have a Facebook page so that isn't a big deal.  The reason behind having the Facebook page is that you are able to share your posts on Facebook and this app will save all the comments made and capture them for you.  I know some people may not want to share their pregnancy journal with the whole Facebook community...and that is fine because this app is so customizable and easy to work with.  You get to pick what you want to share and you also choose what content you would like to have in the storybook.

This is such a great idea that really streamlines the whole pregnancy journal and I can't wait to get pregnant again to be able to use it to it's full potential.  This app is designed to use with newborns and not everything works with older children but it was still fun to try out and see what all it was capable of.  When you are done with your storybook you can share it with everyone on Facebook or you can simply download a PDF file so you can keep it forever.  The Day Baby Was Born actually hosts your storybook up to a year after you are last inactive...because we all know that after having a baby, sometimes we get a little sidetracked.  I would highly recommend at least trying this app out, since it is free, to help track your pregnancy journal!


I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Tommee Tippee blogging contest for a chance to get a gift pack worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here


No comments:

Post a Comment